Benefits of Monitored Visitations
Why They Are Important
- Children may continue their relationship with both parents.
- Monitoring provides the children with a safe, supportive, and comfortable environment where parents create no conflicts with each other.
- Custodial Parents can depend on our Monitors to facilitate enjoyable and comfortable contact with their child(ren) and the other parent.
- Parents can rely on our Professional Monitors to assure that their children will not be interrupted because of personal or communication problems the Parents may have with each other.
- Our services allows both parents to a remain a safe distance from each other and uphold the terms of existing court restraining orders.
Monitored Visitation Guidelines and Rules
- The Court orders scheduled appointments. Parents must keep their appointment, or the Court’s records will enter a failure to comply. Both parties must agree to any schedule modification.
- Parents must arrive and depart at their scheduled times. The Monitored Parent must arrive 15 minutes before the visit starts.
- The Custodial Parent must leave the area immediately after having delivered or picked up the child or children.
- Both Parents must comply with all our staff and monitors’ instructions.
- It is forbidden to use alcohol or illegal drugs during the visit. Family Visitation Services will cancel the visitation if any Parent seems to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- It is forbidden to make derogatory or abusive comments about any other Parent, the immediate or extended family members, the child, or the child’s caretaker.
- Parents are not permitted to ask children for information about another party, their caretakers, or siblings. Children must not be used to send information or documents from one Parent to the other.
For On-Site Visitations
- Children are not allowed to bring cell phones or portable video game players on visits. This is a time for the Monitored Parent to have quality time the child. Cell phones and portable video games take the focus off the visit with the Monitored Parent.
We have no refrigerator for On-Site Visitations. Monitored Parents may bring a small ice chest and age-appropriate snacks and beverages. If the child or children require diapers, please bring along ample supplies of baby wipes and diapers.
Family Visitation Services will terminate without notice any visit if any of the above rules are violated and/or the Staff deems it necessary!
It is our mission to provide Monitors for family visitations so that today’s children will have pleasant childhood memories in their future.